The Orland Park Christian Preschool, a place to learn and grow, is designed to serve the children of all families in the community that surrounds Orland Park Christian Reformed Church, whether or not they are members of the church. Our program includes Bible stories, kindergarten readiness skills, alphabet, math, art, science, physical education, and language activities. Experienced Christian teachers are devoted to providing loving and patient guidance for each child according to individual needs. Many fun-filled activities are planned daily which help to challenge and encourage children to develop in all areas of learning.
Orland Park Christian Preschool is a fully licensed childcare facility by the Illinois Department of Children & Family Services.
We offer two programs, determined by age…
Three Day Program:
Mon, Wed, and Fri mornings (8:45-11:30 a.m.) for children who will be 4 years old by Sept 1st.
Mon, Wed and Fri extended days (8:45 am – 1:30 pm) for children who will be 4 years old by Sept. 1st
Two Day Program:
Tues and Thurs mornings (8:45-11:30 a.m.) for children who will be 3 years old by Sept 1st
Important Upcoming Dates
- Chick Eggs arrive for our incubator, April 21
- Chick Eggs due to hatch, May 12
- April 9 – Butterfly study begins – Live life-cycle experiment in progress
- April 14-17 – Easter Week – study of Jesus’ suffering, death, and resurrection
- April 18 – No school – Good Friday
- April 21 – No school – Easter Monday
- April 23 – Field trip – The Children’s Farm to complement our Chick Week Theme
- May 5/6 – Annual Trike-a-thon Fundraiser to benefit Pathway to Jesus Preschool in the Dominican Republic
- May 14 – Preschool Family Picnic – 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- May 21 – Graduation/Spring Program – 10 a.m.
Preschool News…Our Latest Updates!
- January 2014 Orland Park Church Outlook newsletter: PreschoolOutlookJan2014
- February 2014 Orland Park Church Outlook newsletter: PreschoolOutlookFeb2014
- March 2014 Orland Park Church Outlook newsletter: PreschoolOutlookMarch2014
- April 2014 Orland Park Church Outlook newsletter: PreschoolOutlookApril14
A parent of a four-year-old boy writes:
“This year has been the best experience for our son! We couldn’t have hoped for more! He has grown so much this year socially and emotionally. We feel so blessed to have had the chance to send him to Orland Preschool. Thank you for everything you do.”
A parent of a three-year-old boy writes:
“I’m extremely pleased with our decision to send our son to this preschool; he is very fond of his teachers. I’m delighted to hear about the Bible stories he’s learning, and the fun he’s having…I’m beyond pleased with our decision, and I’m so excited to talk to him about his day!”
A parent of a former student writes:
“Our son has made great strides in learning at Kindergarten this year, receiving the highest grade. Thank you for giving him such a great foundation!”
Teachers at OPCRC Christian Preschool
Ruth Baas: Director/Teacher (1996 – Present)
- BA Elementary Education, Calvin College
- 12 credits Early Childhood Education, Moraine Valley Community College
Why I teach? I experience joy in working with young children. It is a privilege to encourage and guide their natural desires to learn and grow in the knowledge of themselves and God’s world. Planting the seeds of faith and learning in their precious hearts is a calling that deserves excellence and commitment, two qualities that I am excited to bring to teaching and directing at Orland Park Christian Preschool.
Janna Kuyvenhoven: Teacher (2005 – Present)
- A.A. College of Dupage
Why I Teach? I consider it a privilege to teach at Orland Park Christian Preschool. I enjoy getting to know each child and appreciate their unique differences and their love of learning. I enjoy teaching them about God’s love through Bible stories, songs, books and play time. I desire their preschool experience to be positive and fun and hope to instill a love of learning that will last a lifetime. I believe that God has called me to teach at OPCP so that I can make a difference in the lives of these precious children.
Brenda Harms: Teacher (2013 – Present)
- BA Elementary Education, Trinity Christian College
Why I teach? I believe that God has called me to teach at Orland Park Christian Preschool. It is a blessing to see the wonder and joy in children's eyes as they learn about God's world. I enjoy teaching in a Christian school where we can share the love of Jesus with each precious child.
Orland Park Christian Preschool
Address: 7500 West Sycamore Dr. Orland Park, IL
Phone: (708) 532-4933